Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 2

I'm new to blogging, so I'm more than sure that all of these postings somehow are in the wrong order.  I decided to begin blogging a bit to try and help me sort my feelings and emotions during my postpartum time.  I have been going through the baby blues, but my emotions are starting to calm now and I feel more like my old self every day that passes by.

Day 2 of having my baby was a bit more difficult than the first one.  The pain of the c-section had really set in and I could not breastfeed my baby because I couldn't find a correct angle to feed her from due to the pain.  My husband was helping me a lot with the baby and I had been starving because the hospital would not feed me food until noon, and I had been up all night and had not eaten anything the day before.  I eventually felt better and could hold my little one a bit longer that day and bond with her.  My husband was so happy, it was hard for him to let her go back to the nurses for check-ups or to lend her to other people at times :-), but it was wonderful to see how gently he took care of her and how you could see his love for his baby daughter.

Eventually I started receiving guests and that was the funniest part of all, I was so drugged at times, I could not remember people visiting me.  But apparently, people said I had conversations about the strangest things with them :-).  Pretty funny, at least my friends knew that I was crazy to begin with, so it did not seem that much out of the ordinary :-).

At the end of the day, I had to get up and walk, go to the restroom and so forth.  My God, the pain after being cut open is so unbearable at times, I couldn't believe it.  But I knew I had to keep going and I never gave up.  To all of those women who have had c-sections and feel that they were cheated out of a natural delivery, don't feel bad or guilty.  Any form of labor, natural, with drugs, c-section, it does not matter, you eventually go through many pains.  The fact of the matter is that c-sections are tough due to the recovery time and the amount of assistance needed to help you with your baby.  But never give up, there are people that are willing to help.  Some women ask friends from their church to help out, others hire people, but you may have friends that are willing to help.  The key during this time is to never lose hope, the miracle you gave birth to needs you, but things will be alright, there is always help.

No comments:

Post a Comment